Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
Decadence at its finest and sure to cure your sweet tooth. A taste of comfort suitable for dessert or a very special breakfast or snack. No special equipment required for this panini, a frying pan works just fine. This sandwich can be made vegetarian by eliminating the marshmallows. For breakfast I would eat the whole panini but if serving for dessert, half of the sandwich is plenty.
- 2 slices bread (I use white)
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 banana, cut into 3 pieces lengthwise
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar-free strawberry jam
- 3 large marshmallows, cut in half or 25 mini marshmallows
- butter, softened
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 1 -2 teaspoon prepared whipped cream or 1 -2 teaspoon non-dairy whipped topping
- Preheat grill pan or frying pan to medium-low heat. (You could also do this in a panini maker).
- Put a very thin spread of peanut butter on each slice of bread. Top one slice of bread with the 3 slices of banana, dabs of the strawberry jam, and the marshmallows. Top with the second slice of bread.
- Lightly spread the softened butter on the outside of the sandwich and place on the preheated pan. Cook for 2 minutes (or until golden) and turn and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Slice on the diagonal and drizzle with the chocolate flavored syrup and a dollop of whipped cream or you can drizzle the plate with the chocolate syrup and place the sandwich on top with a dollop of whipped cream. It is easiest to eat this with a fork.
We enjoyed the crazy flavor combination here. Easy to make and something kids would definately enjoy.
A good, easy recipe. Very similar to S'mores and just as rich. This would be a real kid pleaser. Made for RSC #12.
I just loved this recipe. I used a frying pan as I didn't have any panini maker. Everything about it was creamy, decadent and delicious. I made it several times and it always had the same delicious results.