Recipe by KatyLady90
An easy recipe for S'more cookies that everybody can love.... =] I made this recipe up.... I'm no baker, but this recipe totally rocked the socks off my family... other then the fact that they where ugly this cookie was perfect.
Top Review by jnpj
I am giving these cookies a five-star review based on taste. They were very yummy and were eaten up very quickly here. I do have to say that the description of the recipe is correct when it says that the cookies weren't too pretty. I was forewarned so I expected it. I didn't mind too much because they were so good, but the marshmallows melted in the dough during baking, leaving behind big craters in the baked cookies. I used my usual trick of freezing the marshmallows beforehand, but they still melted with the relatively long baking time. Next time rather than mixing the marshmallows into the dough, I think I will try to press 3-4 frozen marshmallows into the top of the dough right before I put them in the oven. Hopefully this will keep them from completely melting and causing craters in the cookies. That being said, these were some very tasty cookies, and I will be making them again. Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe.
- 1 cup light brown sugar (make sure its LIGHT)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (I personally liked Pillsbury)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make sure your butter is SOFT!
- Stir together sugars and butter until smooth with mixer or by hand.
- Add eggs to sugar butter mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add your flour mix.
- Add your chocolate chips; stir.
- Add marshmallows; stir.
- Drop cookies on an ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Cook for 12 minutes -- Check with toothpick. It should have a small amount of cookie dough on toothpick -- allow to cool on SHEET it will further cook the cookies without burning the marshmallows.