Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
An easy recipe for S'more cookies that everybody can love.... =] I made this recipe up.... I'm no baker, but this recipe totally rocked the socks off my family... other then the fact that they where ugly this cookie was perfect.
- 1 cup light brown sugar (make sure its LIGHT)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (I personally liked Pillsbury)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make sure your butter is SOFT!
- Stir together sugars and butter until smooth with mixer or by hand.
- Add eggs to sugar butter mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add your flour mix.
- Add your chocolate chips; stir.
- Add marshmallows; stir.
- Drop cookies on an ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Cook for 12 minutes -- Check with toothpick. It should have a small amount of cookie dough on toothpick -- allow to cool on SHEET it will further cook the cookies without burning the marshmallows.
I am giving these cookies a five-star review based on taste. They were very yummy and were eaten up very quickly here. I do have to say that the description of the recipe is correct when it says that the cookies weren't too pretty. I was forewarned so I expected it. I didn't mind too much because they were so good, but the marshmallows melted in the dough during baking, leaving behind big craters in the baked cookies. I used my usual trick of freezing the marshmallows beforehand, but they still melted with the relatively long baking time. Next time rather than mixing the marshmallows into the dough, I think I will try to press 3-4 frozen marshmallows into the top of the dough right before I put them in the oven. Hopefully this will keep them from completely melting and causing craters in the cookies. That being said, these were some very tasty cookies, and I will be making them again. Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe.