Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a hit with the kids! Made with whole wheat flour, you can sub. regular flour, if needed.
Make and share this S'more Cookie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar or 1 1⁄4 cups sucanat
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄3 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 whole graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375. Using 100% vegetable shortening (not oil) grease then flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, olive oil and brown sugar.
- Stir in vanilla, egg substitute, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Fold in marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker pieces.
- Spread in prepared baking pan.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until golden brown but still a little "soft" to the touch.
- Cool for ten minutes, then cut into bars while they are still warm (they will get harder while cooling.)
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
These are oh so oooey gooey and wonderful WI. The only thing I changed was using canola oil instead of olive. Oh and I used chocolate graham crackers instead of regular. Perfect. So glad I tagged. Made for Photoforum 08!
This was ok, but we expected it to taste more like S'mores. I used eggs, white flour and vegetable oil unstead of olive oil.
Big kids think they're a hit too! Thanks!