Recipe by mmm29
This chicken recipe is easy and delicious! YUM! YUM! We love it so much I make it often! I believe this may be Indonesian, since my boyfriend got the recipe from his Dutch-Indonesian mom.
- 6 -8 pieces meaty chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sliced onion
- minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (Mr. Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce tastes best)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meaty chicken pieces in butter with sliced onion and minced garlic.
- Place browned chicken and onions in pressure cooker.
- Dump remaining ingredients over chicken.
- Heat on high until pressure cooker top starts to rock, then reduce heat to medium-high.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- (Can also be simmered on the stovetop.) Serve over rice with sauce.