Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in our local newspaper. The graham crackers and marshmallows are folded into a brownie-type batter. It has the melty feel of a freshly browned marshmallow, the crunch of a graham cracker and the velvety feel of the melted chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer (or handheld), cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix over low-medium speed just until incorporated.
- Add vanilla and mix over low-medium speed for another minute. Add flour mixture slowly and mix just until incorporated.
- By hand, fold in graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate.
- Press into greased baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow the bars to cool in the fridge before serving. Store bars in the refrigerator.
I can't give this a rating, I just wanted to make a note, because I made an altered version. I tried this recipe using graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chips instead of the "chunks" of graham crackers and chocolate bars. It was what I had on hand and I thought I might like it better as I don't always like a lot of extra texture in brownies. However the crumbs and chips pretty much just blend into the batter and don't really stand out taste wise that way. Basically what I got were regular brownies with marshmallows. They tasted fine, they just weren't very "s'morey." I will try again sometime as written and give this a real review, just wanted to let anyone else thinking about cheating not to bother.