Recipe by Normaone
Every member of my family is a chocaholic. These don't last very long. Although, they can be made ahead, like real s'mores, warm is much, much better, even if it means zapping each piece for about 5 to 10 seconds.
- 6 whole graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces,room temperature
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 extra large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 25 large marshmallows, cut crosswise in half
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- With rack in the center of oven, preheat oven to 325^F.
- Butter sides of a 9 inch square cake pan with 2 inch sides.
- Fold 18 x 12 inch piece of foil in half crosswise.
- Line pan with foil, allowing to extend over two of the sides.
- Butter foil.
- Blend graham crackers, sugar and butter in food processor to form moist crumbs.
- Press crumbs evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Cool crust on wire rack.
- For the Brownies: Melt 8 oz milk chocolate and 6 tablespoons butter in heavy medium saucepan over very low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Sift flour and salt into small bowl until well blended.
- Whisk in melted chocolate/butter mixture.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients.
- Mix in 4 oz.
- chopped chocolate and spread batter over crust.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 23 minutes.
- (Surface may crack) Place marshmallows over hot brownies, spacing evenly Cover tightly with foil and let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove foil cover from pan.
- Using wet fingers, press marshmallows together to fill in any uncovered spaces.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate over.
- Cool completely on rack.
- Lift brownies from pan using foil sides as aid.
- Cut into squares.
- Can be made 1 day ahead.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.