Prep 15 mins
Cook 38 mins
S'mores in mini muffin size. From Southern Lady Magazine Jan/Feb 2008.
Make and share this S'more Bites recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and egg white, stirring to combine.
- Press mixture on bottom and half way up the sides of 2 mini muffins pans.
- Bake for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine brownie mix, vegetable oil, egg and water; stir to combine well. Evenly divide into prepared crusts. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Press chocolate pieces, pointy side down into center of each brownie; bake for 2 minutes Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place one marshmallow horizontally on top of each brownie. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from pans.
OMG!!! These are so good and rich!! I made as directed, except forgot the egg white in the crust. The crusts were a little hard and the kisses weren't ooey-gooey (just a little melty) but all tasted very good! One at a time is plenty for us, so we will have leftovers! Took to in-laws for dinner after trick-or-treating. (in WI we trick-or-treat the Sunday before Halloween).
Wow, I messed up SO many times making this recipe and it still got high ratings! For starters, I accidentally added a whole egg to the graham cracker crumbs. I also used a regular-sized muffin pan, because I don't have a mini one... and the crusts were hard, so I think the oven times should be shorter. I had enough brownie batter left over to make six plain chocolate muffins, too. I used bittersweet baking chocolate squares instead of Hershey's kisses. I'd strongly suggest using mini marshmallows, especially if you're using mini muffin trays, because mine sort of "exploded" and made a lovely mess to clean off the pan! I used margarine instead of butter, too, to keep it non-dairy. Despite all this, it still was very well-received... and with a little "tinkering" it could easily become a five-star recipe! Made for Photo Swap, January '08.