Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Now you can enjoy this campfire treat anytime of the year!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, divided and softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the sugar and 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and egg, scraping down the side as needed. Mix in the graham cracker crumbs, flour, and salt.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the graham cracker mixture for later. Using your hands or the bottom of a glass, press the rest of the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the prepared dish.
- In a small nonreactive saucepan, melt 3 cups of the marshmallows with the remaining 1 1/2 tbs butter. Quickly spread the melted marshmallows over the graham cracker layer. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the layers and toss the remaining 1 1/2 cups marshmallows on top. Press bits of the remaining graham cracker mixture in the palms of your hands and scatter them over top of the marshmallows and chocolate chips, pressing lightly.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes or until marshmallows have puffed up and turned lightly brown. Allow to cool before serving.