1/2 Photos of S'more Bars
I found this recipe on a blog that I frequently read, The Crepes of Wrath, but since then I have seen it around, on a few other sources too, and I think it's adapted from Hershey's. These are easy to make, travel well, and they are a huge hit, especially to S'more lovers. I only found the 8x8 pan version on here, so I am posting the recipe to make a 9x13 pan's worth, because they go quickly! These'll bring back those Girl Scout/Boy Scout/camping days, or just awaken the kid at heart. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup plus 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 graham crackers, crushed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 chocolate candy bars (you'll need 1.55 oz. Hershey's bars in a 6-pack)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1Grease a 9x13 baking pan, and set aside.
- 2Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan (it will be sticky).
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5Arrange chocolate bars over dough, breaking as needed to fit. I only needed to break up the last one, I think. If you don't cover all of the graham part, it's ok, the chocolate will melt and spread out while baking.
- 6Spread the marshmallow creme over the chocolate (if you dip a metal utensil in hot water before doing this, it makes it a little easier).
- 7Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the marshmallow fluff (this is most easily achieved by first flattening dough into panels and then laying them on top). It's ok if a little of the marshmallow is showing.
- 8Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 9Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into bars.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for S'more Bars
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 136.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g