Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a little different than the other smores bars I checked out, so I thought I would post it. I haven't made it yet.
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in butter until crumbly.
- Press into an 11x7 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes longer or until marshmallows start to brown.
- Cool pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
This was really good and extremly easy. I made it on a whime for a bbq and it only took me a few mintues to throw together and pop in the oven. Needless to say the kids finished the whole batch. I will be making this again soon.
These were ok. I made them for work and a lot of the clients who are older had trouble eating them. Once the marshmallows get cold it's hard for older people to chew. If they were served warm I think it would be a lot better, but at work that's not an option.
Very good! This was so easy I actually had time to go home, make it on my lunch break and be back to work on time!