Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This recipe was inspired by a well known motel chain that features a signature cookie on their pillow. The actual recipe, with one very notable variation can be found on bags of chocolate chips offered by several companies. The preparation time does NOT include the time needed to freeze the chocolate chips.
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate chips into a freezer until very firm.
- Place frozen chocolate chips and chopped walnuts into an electric blender or food processor and chop very briefly.
- Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with and electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.