Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sip into something healthful. Stir, blend, or float fresh fruits and vegetables into drinks for a fast, anytime boost. I found this recipe in Better Homes And Gardens magazine. Milk is not listed in the recipe but Recipezaar does not allow only one ingredient. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- Blend yogurt with your choice of smoothie ingredients. Pour into a glass; add toppings or stir-ins.
- Orange Power: Carror juice, sliced celery, grated fresh gingerroot.
- Go Green: Honeydew melon chunks, kiwifruit, green grapes.
- Bright Side: Unsweetened coconut milk, lime juice, fresh mint.
- Kid's Choice: Peanut butter (creamy style), ripe banana, chocolate syrup.
- Dreamcicle: Orange sherbet, tangerine segments, vanilla wafer, whipped cream.
- Spice Island: Rice milk, caramel syrup, ground cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Flower Power: Watermelon chunks, hibiscus tea.
- Peachy: Chopped peaches, red raspberries.
- Purple Haze: Blueberries, pomegranate seeds.
- Bitter Sweet: Cherries, dark chocolate shards.
I made the Spice Island variation, using almond milk. Made a yummy treat. Thanks! Made for the Variety Event in the Contests/Events forum.
I made the Kids Choice version minus the chocolate syrup. I added one cup of vanilla almond milk, one banana and two heaping tablespoons of creamy peanut butter. It was very tasty, although next time I will chill it first as it wasn't as cold as I would have liked. Since the quantity of extra ingredients made enough for a second glass, I froze it in two freezeable plastic wear containers. It made a great frozen treat which I enjoyed later last night. Made for Variety is the Spice of Life 2014.
I made the peachy version. I used a lot of peaches and just a few raspberries. If you use a lot of raspberries, I think they will try to take over the flavor. My husband and I liked this bunches. I can't wait to try other variations. Made for the Variety Event in the Contests/Events forum.