Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I drink a smoothie containing flax oil three days per week (M-W-F) for the 8 grams of omega-3. The recommendation from the US government agencies is usually 1.5 to 2 teaspoons of flax oil per day to supply omega-3 fatty acids for a 2000 kcal diet. I numbered the recipes in order to more easily incorporate them into a monthly basic menu plan. Eventually, I plan to have 12 of them for this monthly plan. I also plan to include them in a weekly basic shopping list.
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 1 banana, chilled
- 1 cup fresh red raspberries, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- Add all ingredients except flax oil to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into measuring cup or other vessel.
- Stir in flax oil.
Absolutely delicious, and - because of its sound nutritional qualities - a recipe which I plan to make regularly. I’ve already made and enjoyed this several times now – selected for Pick a Chef 2006 – and I’m really pleased to have found this recipe! Thanks Netgirl!