Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I invented this malt when I was 13 years old, and used to make it on Sunday afternoons for our family of 7! Now it's a treat for my Grandchildren. You can add any flavorings you want, strawberries, carmel or butterscotch toppings, coffee crystals, or anything you like. Be creative! Ingredients are for one person. If making for a crowd, increase accordingly.
For basic malt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 scoops ice cream
Add any of the following flavorings or make up your own
- 1 tablespoon cocoa or 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon butterscotch topping
- 1⁄4 cup strawberries or 1 tablespoon strawberry ice cream topping
- 2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon flavored syrup
- Beat egg for 1 minute on high speed, then add sugar and beat for 4 more minutes, or until very light in color.
- Add vanilla and flavorings and mix.
- Add ice cream and beat on high speed until smooth and all lumps are gone.
- You will not believe how creamy this is!
- TIP: This won't work in a blender, as you need to incorporate air into the eggs.
- WARNING: Children under 3 should not try this, as it contains raw eggs.