Recipe by Clare Bear
Smooth and mellow, with an undertone of sweet and spicy. Great comfort food, colorful and beautiful.
Top Review by Mewnshine
Tasty & easy! I made it as-is, which I'd agree is on the mild side, then added a 1 teaspoon curry powder and one shake of cayenne pepper. Both were good but I had a slight preference for the second iteration. Also tested whipping cream vs sour cream in the end - both tasty.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 (16 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion in butter till translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots and chicken broth.
- Simmer about 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- Add sugar, nutmeg and cumin, and stir to combine.
- Cool 15-30 minutes and place in blender or food processor to puree.
- You might want to do this in two batches.
- Pour puree back into saucepan.
- Reheat, then take off heat and add cream.