Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fast but tasty. I added a little red pepper to this to add spice. Recipe courtesy of inspiredtaste.net. Serving size is estimated.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine tahini and lemon juice.
- Process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and turn on and process for 30 seconds. This extra time helps whip or cream the tahini, making smooth and creamy hummus possible.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic,cumin, and salt to whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape sides and bottom of bowl and process another 30 seconds.
- Open garbanzo beans, drain liquid and rinse well. Add half the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl, add remaining garbanzo beans and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and quite smooth.
- Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have tiny bits of chickpeas/garbanzo beans. To fix this, with the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until the consistency is perfect.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl and drizzle with about 1 tablespoon olive oil over the top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Store homemade hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 1 week.