Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This hummous is especially good for children although adults seem to love it too! I put hummous on almost everything and this one is especially yummy. Sometimes I add even more apple sauce if I want it sweet.
- 1 (28 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Partially drain chick peas keeping some juice on reserve to thin hummous if needed.
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend.
- Can add juice in reserve if too thick.
- Serve with homemade pita chips, in a wrap or on a pizza.
This is a very interesting combination but definately a winner!!! My daughter who hates beans loved this. I am taking it camping for a heathly snack for all of us.
Peanut butter and applesauce in hummous? You have got to be kidding! But oddly enough, it's delicious! The peanut butter is a fantastic alternative to techina, and the applesauce adds a nice sweetness to the hummous. I added some fresh cilantro simply because I like cilantro in my hummous. Just please don't tell my kids what's in here, they'll never eat it again if they knew...
This is delicious and less fattening than the conventional hummous. It does make rather a lot though, so next time I might only make half the quantity.