Recipe by Meghan Williams
A quick dinner I whipped up one evening with what was on hand - came out wonderfully! DH had 3rds! Surprisingly filling delicious meal.
Top Review by Jean R
I was going to be home late one night, so put this together in the morning for my DH to heat up and cook for his supper. When I got home I asked him how many bowls he ate - he said, "three." So Meg, maybe you should rename this DH's 3-Bowl Soup. :-) Thanks for posting!
- 1 quart Trader Joe's creamy vegetable medley bisque
- 1⁄2 quart vegetable broth (Pacific's Organic)
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 -2 cup spinach, chopped
- 3 -4 cups corn
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Put Creamy Vegetable Medley and vegetable broth into large pot over medium heat (if it begins to boil, lower heat).
- Add Worcestershire and other seasonings.
- Chop onions and put in microwave-safe container with olive oil, cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes until soft and clear.
- Add onions to pot.
- Add broccoli, spinach, and corn to pot a little at a time letting the soup get hot again each time after adding the frozen veggies.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes and enjoy!