Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
- 226.79 g package elbow macaroni
- 9.85 ml butter
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 340.19 g can evaporated low-fat milk
- 170.09 g shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, coat an 8 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray,
- cook the macaroni according to the package directions, omitting the salt; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt the butter over high heat; add the flour, salt, and pepper,
- slowly whisk in the evaporated milk and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the macaroni and the cheese; mix well,
- then pour into the baking dish,
- bake for 20-22 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.
This was fantastic!!! Made this according to recipe, but also added another 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese on top before baking. This was definitely creamy and delicious! The pepper added a nice touch as well. There was none left! Will definitely be making this again!
This was indeed creamy and my Ds's loved it, though it was on the bland side for my DH and me.
This was an excellent mac and cheese (very creamy!). My daughter had a second helping and she loves the "Blue Box." Served with "everything" Chicken Tenders. Thanks Lilkittykt, for posting. Roxygirl