Recipe by lilkittykt
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
Top Review by Beanie06
This was fantastic!!! Made this according to recipe, but also added another 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese on top before baking. This was definitely creamy and delicious! The pepper added a nice touch as well. There was none left! Will definitely be making this again!
- 226.79 g package elbow macaroni
- 9.85 ml butter
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 340.19 g can evaporated low-fat milk
- 170.09 g shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, coat an 8 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray,
- cook the macaroni according to the package directions, omitting the salt; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt the butter over high heat; add the flour, salt, and pepper,
- slowly whisk in the evaporated milk and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the macaroni and the cheese; mix well,
- then pour into the baking dish,
- bake for 20-22 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.