Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so, well, smooth and creamy! The recipe is passed down from my mother-in-law. I've seen similar recipes, but none this simple, fast and tasty. It's good on just about everything, but not suitable for decorating. It's just very spreadable. We particularly love it on a refrigerated Jell-o cake during the summer. Also, any flavor of instant pudding is a hit with this one! Our favorites are vanilla, lemon and chocolate. Covers the *top* of a 9x13 cake very well.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- Beat pudding mix, powdered sugar and cold milk on med speed until well-blended.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate frosted item(s) and any leftover frosting.
- Serving size is for a frosted 9x13 cake, and yield is approximate.
This recipe is very forgiving. I didn't use the powdered sugar and increased the cool whip (fat free) so I know mine was "softer" than if I had followed the recipe. I really really like this. I used cheesecake pudding. Thank you for sharing.
I love this recipe! So did hubby on his birthday cake! I used the cheesecake instant pudding. It was delicious! Thank you!
This is so easy and awesome. I also used it on jello cake! Thank you so much.