Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
this salsa more than satisfies those salsa lovers that like a smooth salsa and those who prefer a little chunkyness.
- 5 hothouse tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 -4 jalapenos
- 3 green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- broil the green chilies in the oven turning often to evenly darken skin (don't blacken as the skins won't come off).
- peel skin from chilies and dice.
- boil tomatoes & jalapeños for 5 minutes or until you notice the skin pulling away from tomato; peel the tomatoes.
- blend the tomatoes, onion, half of the jalepenos, 1/2 of the cilantro, the garlic, the juice from the lemon and vinegar until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and chill for 2 hours. add sea salt to taste. if you like your salsa mild use yellow chilies instead of jalapeños. this will give you the chili flavor with a lot less heat.