Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A tasty way to use beets. I use chicken or vegetable Oxo cubes for my stock.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 medium beets, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups stock
- Warm olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in onions and garlic, cook until soft. Stir in beets.
- Add stock and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer until.
- beets are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly and puree with a hand blender.
- Return to sauce pan and heat gently until hot and then serve.