Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My five Sisters-In-Law Kerr (SILK) get together once-a-year for a girly weekend. One year SILK-ster #3 themed our whole weekend around a "tea party." She pulled out ALL the stops: the good china, linen, crystal--WOW! This recipe was served in beautiful little glass bowls, with a dash of 7-Up poured over it. COOKING TIME reflects time needed for the freezer. Add ONE HOUR for thawing at serving time.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, quartered (or 2 pkgs frozen, thawed)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- In a very large bowl, mix everything--including the juices from the fruits; set aside.
- Line muffin or cupcake tins with paper or foil liners (about 24).
- Spoon fruit and juices into each little cup.
- Freeze overnight.
- NEXT DAY: When cups are well-frozen, remove from pans and store in a covered container (an ice-cream pail works well); store in the freezer.
- TO SERVE: Remove cups from freezer ONE HOUR prior to serving, place one or two in pretty individual serving dish/bowl.
- AT SERVING TIME: Pour about 1/4 cup of your choice of the following: 7-Up, Sprite, gingerale, sweet (light) wine, champagne or sparkling cider.
- OPTIONS: Mango, peaches, raspberries, grapes. Mmm, mmmm, mmmmmh!