1/1 Photo of Smooth As S I L K Cream Cheese Danish
Growing up with five brothers (no sisters) was great, but I really wanted some girly fellowship within the family. A few years ago, my sisters-in-law and I started getting together for a yearly SILK Weekend. SILK stands for Sisters-In-Law Kerr (my maiden name). We rotate the hosting duties. This year (2007) we met near Madison, toured Wollersheim Winery (bought a "few" bottles!), lunched & gabbed for hours at The Blue Spoon (Culver's corporate headquarters) in Sauk Prairie, completed an aMAZE-ing after-dark flashlight tour through the Treinen Farm Corn Maze near Lodi. This recipe is what our SILK-host served for breakfast on Saturday morning. It truly is silky and creamy and outrageously delicious. NOTE: Cooking time does NOT include the two-hour/overnight "rise" time needed for the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 teaspoons yeast (2 packets)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Mix "dough additives" and set aside to cool.
- 2Sponge yeast, sugar, water; when foamy, add luke-warm/cool sour cream mixture, blend well, then add remaining dough ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- 3Transfer dough to a large greased bowl; cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 4Mix filling ingredients in a medium bowl, set aside.
- 5Prepare two cookie sheet pans (grease or use parchment paper); set aside.
- 6Divide dough into four parts; transfer one part to a well-floured surface, pat into a rectangle, then roll into a 14x8 inch rectangle (approx).
- 7Spread one-fourth of the filling over the dough rectangle, lightly roll up (start on the long side closest to you).
- 8Transfer roll to prepped cookie sheet, seam-side down, curve into a cresent shape.
- 9At one-inch intervals, use scissors to snip about 2/3's into the roll (exposing the roll & cream cheese filling).
- 10Repeat with remaining dough & filling.
- 11Let rise in warm place about 1-2 hours.
- 12Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (golden brown).
- 13Mix icing ingredients in a small bowl, spread over tops of cooled loaves.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smooth As S I L K Cream Cheese Danish
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.1
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 363.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 53.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g