Recipe by Grace Lynn
I got this recipe from a friend who got it from another friend. It's really delicious! Perfect with some tea sandwiches.
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups tomato juice
- 4 cups beef consomme or 4 cups broth
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 4 sprigs parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery, onions and carrots in butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato juice, hot consomme or broth, cloves, bay leaves, salt and thyme.
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain and pour into demitasse cups.
- Put a few leaves of parsley in each cup.