Adapted from Food Network Specials, this is wonderfully smooth and spicy! The Salsa can be used with fajitas, over tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc.The recipe uses poblano, jalapeno and serrano chiles, so beware! If you like it spicy, this is for you!
- 2 fresh poblano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno chilies, stemmed but chopped with seeds
- 1 fresh serrano chili, stemmed but chopped with seeds
- 2 large ripe Hass avocadoes, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, both leaves and stems included
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender(or food processor) and blend until smooth. Add additional water or lime juice if needed for smoothness.
- This salsa is a delicate green and smooth, but it is Hot! Adjust types and amounts of hot peppers, to taste.