Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ahhhh, I just had to put my zaar name on this one. I finally came up wtih one heck of a recipe, in my opinion and wanted to share it. One night, I was tired of measuring stuff out and trying to find a new way to cook my fish, so I combined some of my favorite flavors and came up with this. I'm thinking I may add a bit of ground red pepper to it too for a bit of a bite. Added: thanks for the great reviews!!! A note, I haven't used the dry garlic lately, as I'm really enjoying the freshly minced. I did try elephant garlic, because I got a ton of it free from a local farmer and it turned out much milder, but I liked it better with regular ol' garlic!
- 4 ounces tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced (the dry, minced garlic is what I have been using when in a hurry)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese (I use veggie parm)
- 1 dash sea salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400. Rinse tilapia and pat dry.
- Spray a casserole dish with Pam spray and set fish in it.
- Sprinkle seasonings over fish in the order they are listed.
- Place in oven. Cook for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. I put it on broil the last TINY bit to get the cheese a little browned, but it's good without doing this too.
My family and I thought the seasonings were way too overpowering for the fish. I followed the recipe exactly as written.
Nice change from our regular Tilapia menus. Felt that it was enough flavor and was ready in a snap!! Did use a little lemon juice as noted in previous review , but followed the postd recipe other than that. Thanks for the post
Yum! I didn't have parm cheese, so I left it off and otherwise followed the recipe