Recipe by lunchboxbunch
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. This appetizer or light entree includes triangles of baked polenta, topped with an easy grilled corn, avocado A1 topping. Simply delicious!
- 8 ounces polenta, sliced into 4 triangles
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 ear of corn, grilled and kernels sliced off
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 cup spinach, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice polenta into triangles or rounds. Toss with the extra virgin olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. You could also grill if preferred.
- Cook the corn. Grilling is th best method. You could also slice off the kernels and roast in the 400 degree oven on a baking sheet for ten minutes. Add cooked corn to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the avocado, spinach, onion, A1 and pepper to the large mixing bowl. Toss well.
- To serve, add the warm polenta triangles to a platter and top generously with the avo-corn mixture. Place extra topping in a bowl on the side for spooning over top to serve.