Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. This appetizer or light entree includes triangles of baked polenta, topped with an easy grilled corn, avocado A1 topping. Simply delicious!
- 8 ounces polenta, sliced into 4 triangles
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 ear of corn, grilled and kernels sliced off
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 cup spinach, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice polenta into triangles or rounds. Toss with the extra virgin olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. You could also grill if preferred.
- Cook the corn. Grilling is th best method. You could also slice off the kernels and roast in the 400 degree oven on a baking sheet for ten minutes. Add cooked corn to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the avocado, spinach, onion, A1 and pepper to the large mixing bowl. Toss well.
- To serve, add the warm polenta triangles to a platter and top generously with the avo-corn mixture. Place extra topping in a bowl on the side for spooning over top to serve.