1/1 Photo of Smoky Wild Rice and Corn Soup
This is fabulous! Cheap, easy and very tasty! Serve with crusty bread so you have something to soak up all the juices. Sometimes I add diced onion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a frying pan, melt butter and cook carrot, celery and onion, stirring occasionally, until carrot is lightly caramelized, 8-10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a soup pot, bring veggie broth to a boil with the bay leaves and simmer over medium heat.
- 3Add the rice.
- 4Cover and keep simmering until vegetables are ready.
- 5Add the cooked veggies, thyme and corn.
- 6Cover and simmer until vegetables are heated through.
- 7Stir in liquid smoke.
- 8Heat through. Discard bay leaves. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Wild Rice and Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.3
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 686.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g