Recipe by BecR
Even with all the great Tuna Salads on Recipezaar, I did not see this one. My husband raves about it, and I do too. We eat this on toasted bread and lettuce, as well as on crackers; it would also make a great filling for pita bread or wraps. Hope you like it.
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
This is delicious, Becky! Liked the two kinds of pickles--nice sweet & sour taste. I agree to be careful with the liquid smoke; could be a disaster...but it wasn't in this house. Will make it again for dipping tortilla chips!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, well drained (or white albacore)
- 2 1⁄2 celery ribs, with leaves finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon dill relish (rounded)
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 lemon, zest of, very finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke (very scant, I use Wright's Hickory Seasoning Liquid Smoke)
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: do not pour the liquid smoke directly from the bottle into the tuna mixture, as it comes out quick and is very concentrated (and will easily ruin and overpower your tuna salad) The smoke flavor is meant to be very subtle.
- Be sure to drain your tuna well.
- Mix ingredients together and serve as sandwiches or spread on crackers (I like Triscuit or Ritz).
- Refrigerate any leftovers.