1/4 Photos of Smoky Tuna Salad
Even with all the great Tuna Salads on Recipezaar, I did not see this one. My husband raves about it, and I do too. We eat this on toasted bread and lettuce, as well as on crackers; it would also make a great filling for pita bread or wraps. Hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, well drained (or white albacore)
- 2 1/2 celery ribs, with leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon dill relish (rounded)
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 lemon, zest of, very finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke (very scant, I use Wright's Hickory Seasoning Liquid Smoke)
- 1Note: do not pour the liquid smoke directly from the bottle into the tuna mixture, as it comes out quick and is very concentrated (and will easily ruin and overpower your tuna salad) The smoke flavor is meant to be very subtle.
- 2Be sure to drain your tuna well.
- 3Mix ingredients together and serve as sandwiches or spread on crackers (I like Triscuit or Ritz).
- 4Refrigerate any leftovers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.7
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 346.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of