Recipe by lazyme
From Weight Watchers Slim Ways Mexican. I haven't tried this one yet but it sounds really good.
- 16 large plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium onions, unpeeled
- 2 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, pureed canned
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 1 cup zucchini, diced (1/2-inch dice)
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced or 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Line baking sheet with foil; spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set tomato halves, cut-side down, onions and garlic on prepared baking sheet; broil 4-6 inches from heat, turning as needed, until onions and garlic are browned and tomatoes are blistered and browned.
- As they are done, transfer to large bowl; let cool.
- Peel onions and garlic; place in food processor or blender.
- Add tomatoes and peppers; purée until smooth.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil; add zucchini.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place medium sieve over skillet with zucchini.
- Strain tomato mixture through sieve, pressing with back of wooden spoon; discard solids.
- Add corn, salt and sugar to zucchini mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, until mixture is slightly thickened and flavors are blended.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls.
- EACH SERVING (1 1/4 CUPS) PROVIDES: 1/2 Fat, 5 Vegetables, 1/2 Bread.
- PER SERVING: 122 Calories, 4 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 318 mg Sodium, 23 g Total Carbohydrate, 5 g Dietary Fiber, 4 g Protein, 30 mg Calcium, 2 points.