1/1 Photo of Smoky-Sweet Bacon Cheese Spread
2 hrs 15 mins
Who doesn’t like smoky sweet salty flavors? This may be a mix of Mediterranean and Southwestern flavors but they really work well together. Give this as a gift in a basket along with things to serve it with and perhaps a bottle of ground chipotle chile powder. You could include a pretty serving platter and spreading knife as well. You can make tortilla wheels or stuffed mushrooms with this too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder, adjust to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper, adjust to taste (smoked chile)
- 1/4 cup bacon, crumbled (I used Hormel real crumbled bacon bits)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and minced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, minced
- 1/4 cup dates, pitted and minced
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/4 cup)
- 1In a small bowl, cream together neufchatel and feta, scraping the bowl until well combined.
- 2Beat in chili powder and ground chipotle powder and adjust to taste.
- 3Scrape bowl and beat in bacon, olives, cranberries, and dates until well combined.
- 4Stir in last 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- 5Put in a covered container and chill for at least 2 hours. The flavors will develop more the longer it sits. You can mold it by pressing plastic wrap into a bowl and pressing the spread into it, cover and chill, then turn out onto serving platter.
- 6To serve, spread into a pretty bowl on a platter or mound on a platter. Sprinkle with feta, chili powder and fresh chopped parsley. Surround with desired foods.
- 7For Tortilla Wheels, Spread this on flour tortillas, roll them up and tightly wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for a few hours until firm. Unwrap them, trim away ends and cut each roll into 8 slices crosswise to make wheels. You could try baking them too! I would try 400°F Place wheels on baking sheets and bake 15-20 minutes until browned.
- 8For stuffed mushrooms, hollow out mushrooms, you can add some chopped stems to the spread. Fill mushrooms with spread and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky-Sweet Bacon Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 402.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g