1/1 Photo of Smoky Summer Beans and Greens #A1
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A family friendly classic kicked up a notch with the smoky flavor of A1. Ready in minutes, this is a great take along dish and perfect for backyard gatherings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 yellow onions, diced or 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 hot dogs, cut into 1/4-inch, thick rounds
- 15 ounces black beans, drained, rinsed
- 15 ounces pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1/2 cups prepared tomato sauce (garlic and onion variety)
- 1Saute the onion, olive oil, and garlic salt for 5-6 minutes or until the onions are translucent and fragrant. Add in the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 2Add in the hot dog rounds and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Add in the drained and rinsed beans, along with the chopped spinach. Stir to combine.
- 4In a separate bowl combine the mustard, brown sugar, molasses, A1 Original Steak Sauce, cocoa powder, and tomato sauce. Whisk together. Add to the pan with the hot dogs. Stir well.
- 5Cook for 6-8 minutes over low-medium heat. Stir frequently.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Summer Beans and Greens #A1
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.5
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 1475.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce