1/3 Photos of Smoky Spinach Macaroni and Cheese
This is an interesting twist on an old favorite. Also a verrrry clever way of sneaking spinach into your family's mouths. Smoky, creamy and oh-so-satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 cups fresh spinach, coarsly chopped
- 4 cups elbow macaroni (cooked and hot)
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add shallots and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 4Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 5Gradually add milk, cream, salt, and pepper, stirring constantly with a whisk until blended.
- 6Bring to a boil; cook until thick (about 2 minutes).
- 7Add cheeses; stir until melted.
- 8Add spinach and macaroni to cheese sauce, stirring until well blended.
- 9Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 10Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 11Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Spinach Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.5
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 765.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 29.9 g