1/3 Photos of Smoky Spicy Lime Sweet Potatoes
Adapted from a side dish of the winner of the 46th National Chicken Cooking Contest. Goes especially well with pork. You can increase the chiles/adobo if you prefer it spicier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced (just the chile)
- 1/8 teaspoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotles)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (or less, to taste)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 lime, zest of
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Simmer sweet potatoes, uncovered, over medium heat until fork tender, about 15 minutes. If foaming occurs, skim off top of water.
- 2In a bowl combine oil, chile, adobo sauce, cumin, and lime juice and zest.
- 3Drain sweet potatoes, reserving 3 tablespoons of the cooking water (be careful not to burn yourself).
- 4Mash sweet potatoes with cooking water. Mix spices in until well incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Spicy Lime Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 94.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
limes, zest of