Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
"Om num num num..." That's the sound your family will make when you cook these pork chops. They are easy to prepare and turn out moist, packed with southwestern flavor and a hint of honey-sweetness.
- 4 pork chops, bone-in
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange pork chops onto a medium baking sheet. Rub with liquid smoke and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder.
- onion powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Season both sides of pork chops.
- Roast uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove chops from oven and turn. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with honey (or maple syrup) and return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with sauce from the bottom of the pan spooned over top.