Recipe by English_Rose
Lemon and garlic shrimp with a touch of paprika make a lovely main dish when served with herby couscous.
- 8 ounces jumbo shrimp, raw
- 2 lemons, zest and juice (some reserved for wedges to garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces couscous
- 4 zucchini, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 ounces cilantro, leaves only, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the kettle on to boil and tip the shrimp into a small bowl. Add all the lemon zest, juice from 1 lemon, garlic, paprika and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Mix well then set aside for a few minutes.
- Put the couscous into a large bowl, pour over 1 cup boiling water then cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add 1 tbsp of the shrimp marinade, the zucchini and a splash of water. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes until the zucchini are golden, then tip onto a plate and set aside. Add the shrimp to the pan with their marinade and fry for 1 minute until just pink. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and mix in the zucchini and cilantro, remaining oil, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Lastly, scrape in the shrimp with all the pan juices and toss together briefly before serving with extra lemon wedges for squeezing.