My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 in slices
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup Martha self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup Martha White self-rising corm meal mix
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1In 6-qt Dutch oven or large saucepan with lid, heat oil over med-high heat; add onion and carrots. cook and stir until carrots are tender.
- 2Stir in sausage; cook until lightly browned.
- 3Add remaining STEW ingredients; bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat; simmer 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- 5Remove and discard bay leaf.
- 6In medium bowl, combine flour and corn meal.
- 7With pastry blender or two knives, cut shortening into very small pieces to evenly distribute into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 8Stir in parsley and pepper. Add milk; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 9Drop by tablespoonfuls over simmering stew. cover and cook over med-low heat 10-15 minutes or until dumplings are firm.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Sausage White Bean Stew With Cornmeal Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.5
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 862.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Martha self-rising flour
Martha White self-rising corm meal mix