Recipe by Mille®
This recipe is dedicated to Chef Bethany, whose "Slow cooked BBQ Ribs" (recipe ID #16705) are out of this world. She recommends using KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce, but I can't use it because of the high sodium content. So I used this sauce instead.
Top Review by Just Cher
Just wanted to thank you Miller for this one. As you know we are watching our salt intake as well and finding recipes with body and flavor is very important. This happens to be one of those recipes. I simmered the sauce the night before and then added it to some lean country ribs in my slow cooker. I set on low 9 hours and the kitchen smell fabulous. My family did not want to wait for me to finish getting the rest of the meal together. DH was extremely happy with the results and cursed my son for not leaving him more left overs for his lunch. Thank you for providing us with yet one more tasty and healthy alternative!
- 1 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Boil the sauce very briefly and then simmer for half to three quarters of an hour until it has thickened.
- Use on pork spareribs or in any of your barbecued meat recipes.
- Store refrigerated will last for a few weeks.