Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This recipe can be made with lowfat or fat-free cream cheese and lowfat or skim milk to lower the calories and fat content. Serve it with crackers or French bread rounds. Originally from the label of Honey Boy canned Alaska Red Salmon.Cook time is chilling time.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can canned salmon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced, including some green tops
- 3 drops liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain salmon.
- Beat cream cheese with lemon juice,milk, and dill weed with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in salmon and green onions until thoroughly combined.
- Season with liquid smoke to taste.
- Chill several hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.