Recipe by BecR
My favorite salmon spread! Great for buffets, potlucks, etc. Serve with crackers, bagels, or French bread rounds. (Note: Can be made using low or non-fat dairy products). Got this one from a former co-worker. Enjoy!
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canalaska salmon (boneless and skinless)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 -4 drops hickory liquid smoke flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain salmon. Beat cream cheese with lemon juice, milk and dill weed in mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in salmon and green onion until thoroughly combined. Season with liquid smoke to taste.
- Chill several hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.
- To serve, spread on crackers, bagels, or French bread rounds.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
- Time does not include chill time.
- Note: For low-fat version, use low or non-fat cream cheese and low or non-fat milk.