Recipe by Linky
I found this recipe on an Alaska tourism site. I love salmon spread!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
It's been sooo long since I have made a salmon spread. This is a great recipe and I had it for lunch today along with some hummus. We'll be having it again tomorrow while watching football - thank goodness that it makes quite a bit. The only changes I made was to increase the liquid smoke and dill a bit and I added a touch of cayenne and garlic powder. Served this spread with some organic black bean tortilla chips and of course, some crackers. Made for the Football Tag, Week 4.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canalaskan salmon, traditional pack (canned or pouched) or 8 -10 ounces boneless skinless salmon (canned or pouched)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 -4 drops natural hickory liquid smoke
- crackers or french bread round
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese with lemon juice, milk and dill weed in mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in drained and chunked salmon and green onions until thoroughly combined. Season with liquid smoke to taste. Chill several hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.
- To serve, spread on crackers or French bread rounds.