Top Review by Rita~
Comfort food that is rich and creamy! I added the raw salmon to the soup to cook the last 5-10 minutes. Skipping Step #1 and the directions do not state when to add. I use olive oil, white potatoes, lots of dill. Topped with lots of black pepper. I made for PAC http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=296583&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 1 lb fresh salmon, cooked with bones and skin removed
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups red potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried dill weed (we like lots!)
- 1 (15 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 -2 teaspoon liquid smoke, to taste (remember a little bit goes a long way!)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare salmon, place on tinfoil and bake in the oven or on the barbecue until meat "flakes" and is fully cooked. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, saute the onions and pressed garlic with a pinch of salt until tender.
- Add potatoes, broth, pepper, dill weed, evaporated milk, creamed corn, and liquid smoke to the pot. Turn the heat up to medium until the soup begins to bubble. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the soup has thickened.
- Slowly add the grated cheese and salmon to the soup, stirring until it is evenly combined. Once the flavors have melded together, adjust for seasonings and liquid smoke. Enjoy with warm artisan bread or alone!