Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from the Food Network (Party Line with the Hearty Boys). We served this at my daughter's first birthday party, and it was really very tasty with the raw veggies, especially the red bell pepper strips. Please, please try to find the smoked paprika; it's the key to this dip.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 large bell pepper, hollowed out for holding the dip (I used a hollowed out acorn squash)
- Put all of the ingredients (except for what you're going to use to hold the dip), into a mixing bowl and whisk until everything is well mixed.
- Refrigerate the dip until you are ready to use it.
- Scoop into your desired serving bowl, and serve.
This is a great dip. I also found this on Food Net last summer. I've made it several time's and every time I'm asked for the recipe. I however only use about 1 tsp. salt. Otherwise, I think it's a bit too salty. Thanks for posting this great dip.
I made this for my Christmas party and I think it was my favorite. It so good and the smoked paprika gives it awesome flavor. I made as posted and I also made it the day before. I served it with assorted crackers and veggies. If you don't have smoked paprika, don't make it until you do ~ it makes the dip!! Thanks for posting!!!!!!