Recipe by Carol
I got this recipe from Big Daddy's House on the Food Network. I has a barbeque like flavor.
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, yellow, grated
- 1⁄4 cup American cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin (8 medium potatoes)
- 8 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons smoky paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 8 tablespoons margarine in a large sauce pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the flour, mixing until pasty.
- Add milk; stir to remove lumps and let cook for 6 minutes until it gets thick.
- Lower heat and add the cheeses, bouillon, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Whisk until well combined and sauce thickens, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine 8 tablespoons melted margarine, panko bread crumbs and smoky paprika. Stir well.
- Place potato slices in a casserole dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes and sprinkle with topping.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.