Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My own Thanksgiving creation
- 2 heads garlic, roasted
- olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pureed chipotle chile
- 3⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Saute onions and fresh garlic in oil in a Dutch oven, slowly, over low heat, until the onions are almost caramelized.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, and let cook at same temperature while you peel& slice the potatoes.
- Add the grated carrot, the potatoes, the stock& water.
- You may need to add more stock or water, if the potatoes are not covered.
- Add the chile flakes, and the rubbed sage, and bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Cover and let simmer on low until poatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add chipotle puree, (simply a can of chipotle peppers pureed- will keep in fridge in a clean jar for roughly a month, and is awesome in all kinds of stuff, especially chili), the roasted garlic, and liquid smoke, salt and pepper to taste.
- Puree the soup in the pot using an immersion blender, until creamy.
- Hope you like it!
- You can add more heat if you like, by adding more chipotle puree and/or chile flakes.