Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Taste of Home Casseroles.
- 1 (16 ounce) package smoked link sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package au gratin potatoes
- In a large skillet, saute sausage, celery and onion in butter until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in water, milk and content of sauce mix from potatoes; bring to a boil.
- Stir in potatoes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Sauce will thicken after standing.