Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I recently discovered this recipe from Pillsbury and I love it. It is so simple to make and cleanup is super easy too!
- 793.78 g bagfrozen O'Brien potatoes
- 453.59 g packageminiature smoked sausage (ex. Lil Smokies)
- 177.44 ml ranch dressing
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped green onions or 29.58 ml chives
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 4 (18x12 inch) sheets of foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, gently mix potatoes, sausages, and dressing. Spoon mixture evenly onto foil sheets. Seal each packet using double fold seals, allowing room for heat expansion.
- Place packets on grill over medium heat. Cover grill and cook 30-35 minutes, rotating and turning packets several times.
- Remove packets from grill; open carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle each with cheese and green onions.
I made half the recipe (2 packets), and since my grill is still stored for the winter, I baked them at 350Â° for 40 minutes. Served with a side of baked beans and The Best Creamy Coleslaw (Gourmet Mag) I enjoyed an indoor picnic! Thanks for sharing Chris. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.
First, I must confess I used a covered dutch oven instead of the grill. We really enjoyed the flavors. This is a great "comfort" food and the ease in preparation was a plus! I will be using this recipe again. Thank you for posting.