Recipe by PotatoLovingSisters
A potato casserole with bacon and cottage cheese!
Top Review by **Mandy**
I did a half batch but didn't use as much butter as stated. This cooked up really nicely with a great smoky flavour, I was surprised by. I'm having the leftovers with scrambled eggs for breakfast, yum! Thanks girls!
- 2 lbs medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces smoked bacon
- 5 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1 lb cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- When cool, peel and slice.
- Sprinkle a deep well-greased oven proof dish with some bread crumbs.
- Place a layer of potatoes on top.
- Chop bacon and fry until crisp.
- Scatter half the bacon on top of the potatoes in the dish.
- Melt butter and cheese in saucepan, over a low heat.
- Pour half of this mixture over the bacon and potatoes.
- Add another layer of potatoes, then bacon.
- Pour the remaining cheese mixture over the previous layer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the remaning breadcrumbs on top and dot wit butter
- Bake in oven uncovered for 30 minutes or until light brown.