Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. The first time I made this recipe it was an immediate hit! Of course, what could possibly be wrong with the hearty combination of two delicious varieties of Simply Potatoes, smoky bacon, along with the creamy richness of alfredo sauce? Besides this recipe being so easy to make, it is incredibly versatile as well. We have enjoyed it with fresh fruit for breakfast/brunch, served with a green salad for lunch, and even as an appetizer for dinner. What’s more, it is as good reheated the second day as it is the first!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place hash browns in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Rub a slice of bacon on bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook half of bacon at a time over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from skillet and place on hash browns to drain. When cool, remove bacon and crumble into a small bowl.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from skillet and drizzle over hash browns. Toss to evenly coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg until lightly beaten. Pour over hash browns and stir. Press into bottom and halfway up sides of prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes just until edge is golden brown and bottom is set.
- Meanwhile, add diced potatoes with onion to remaining bacon fat in skillet. Cook uncovered over medium high heat for 18-22 minutes or until potatoes soften and begin to brown, stirring often. Remove skillet from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together alfredo sauce and remaining four eggs until well mixed. Stir in crumbled bacon. Gently fold in potatoes with onions. Pour into partially baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes more or until edges are golden and center is set. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before slicing into wedges to serve. Garnish if desired. Serves 6.